Male Human Folk-Hero Monk 5 XP: 12,370
Faction: The Harpers Renown: 4
Representing Jeff Ivey
Maximum Hit Points: 38
Hit Dice: 5d8
Speed: 50 feet [mobile] [monk]
Armor Class: 15 = 10 + 3 [dexterity] + 2 [monk wisdom]
|Initiative modifier:||+ 3||= + 3 [dexterity]|
|Attack (handheld / thrown):||+ 4||= + 3 [proficiency] + 2 [strength]|
|Attack (missile / finesse):||+ 5||= + 3 [proficiency] + 3 [dexterity]|
|Strength save:||+ 5||= + 3 [proficiency] + 2 [strength]|
|Dexterity save:||+ 6||= + 3 [proficiency] + 3 [dexterity]|
|Constitution save:||+ 2||= + 2 [constitution]|
|Intelligence save:||+ 0|
|Wisdom save:||+ 2||= + 2 [wisdom]|
|Charisma save:||+ 0|
|Insight (passive):||12||(17 with advantage)|
|Perception (passive):||12||(17 with advantage)|
Carry: 210 lb maximum
|Proficiencies:||Land Vehicles, Simple Weapons, Shortswords, Painter’s Tools|
Unarmed strike [+6 to hit; 1d6+3 bludgeoning]
Tetsubo [+6 to hit; 1d8+3 bludgeoning, 10 lb, two-handed]
10 Darts [+6 to hit; 1d4+3 piercing, 1 lb each, finesse, thrown (range 30/120)]
|Mobile||Speed increases by ten feet; difficult terrain does not interfere with dash, making melee attack does not provoke opportunity attack from that creature|
|Skill Name||Key Ability||Skill Modifier||Ability Modifier||Trained?||Misc. Modifier|
|Acrobatics||Dex||6 =||+3||+ 3|
|Animal Handling||Wis||5 =||+2||+ 3|
|Athletics||Str||5 =||+2||+ 3|
|Sleight of Hand||Dex||3 =||+3|
|Survival||Wis||5 =||+2||+ 3|
- You can find a welcome and protection from ordinary people as long as you are decent.
- Level 5: Unarmed strike damage 1d6
- Level 1: Unarmored defense — if no armor or shield, add wisdom and dexterity bonuses to armor class
- Level 2: Four (4) ki points — ki points renew upon making a short rest.
- Level 2: Flurry of blows — spend a ki point to make two additional unarmed attacks as a bonus action
- Level 2: Patient defense– spend a ki point to make a dodge action as a bonus on your turn
- Level 2: Step of the wind — spend a ki point to make a disengage or dash as a bonus action on your turn, double jump distance for that turn
- Level 2: Unarmored movement — add ten to speed if unarmored and no shield
- Level 3: Deflect missiles – use your reaction to reduce damage of missiles by 1d10+8. If reduced to zero, spend 1 ki point to make a ranged weapon attack as part of the same reaction.
- Level 4: Slow fall — use your reaction to reduce falling damage by 25 (5x monk level)
- Level 5: Stunning Strike – When Malark hits another creature with a melee weapon attack, he can spend 1 ki point to attempt a stunning strike. The target must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of Malark’s next turn.
Thousand Masters Monk (monastic tradition)
- Level 3: You know two Martial Arts Forms.
Kill the General Form or “I’m Coming for YOU!”
- 1 – Two attacks against two different targets and pick a third. The third target has disadvantage on attacks against you.
- 2 – Three attacks against three targets. One of those targets takes disadvantage on all attacks and saves until the start of your next turn.
- 3 – At the cost of 3 ki, make six melee attacks against a single target, who must succeed in Str saving throw vs your Athletics roll or suffer disadvantage on all attacks and saves until it is out of your melee range.
Protector Form or “This One Shall Not Fall”
- 1 – You remain adjacent to your defended ally, make two attacks and all attacks against your ally suffer disadvantage.
- 2 – You make attacks as normal, but you may sacrifice any attack available to reduce damage done to your guided ally or yourself by the amount of damage your attack would do. Attacks against you and your ally suffer disadvantage.
- 3 – At the cost of 2 ki, all targets within 10 ft must make contested roll against your Athletics. If they fail the roll, they take 4d6 bludgeoning and are knocked back 10ft. If they succeed, they take 2d6 bludgeoning and are not pushed back.
First Ability Score Improvement: Feat
Malark Buckman’s Equipment:
Money: 484 gold pieces.
Backpack, Mess kit, Rations (1 day) x10, Rope (50′, hempen), Tinderbox, Torches x10, Waterskins, Painter supplies, Healer kit
Malark Buckman’s Personality Traits: Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
Malark Buckman’s Ideal: Respect: People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
Malark Buckman’s Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Malark Buckman’s Flaw: Too tall and bad temper.
Brother Leosin Erlanthar: Half-Elf Monk of Lathander who travels up and down the River Chionthar, from Berdusk to Baldur’s Gate– Contact Bond Level 2
Jaromir: Human Wizard/Diviner who works as a Seer, Sage, and Fortune Teller in Baldur’s Gate– Contact Bond Level 1
CHOMPER (WARHORSE) – Harper Follower
Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 11 (natural armor)
Hit Points 33
Speed 60 ft.
STR 18 (+4) DEX 12 (+1) CON 13 (+1) INT 2 (-4) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 7 (-2)
Senses passive Perception 11
Trampling Charge. If Chomper moves at least 20 feet straight towards a creature right before hitting it with a hooves attack, the target must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, Chomper can take a bonus action to make another attack with its hooves against the target.
Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6+4 bludgeoning damage.