Male Moon Elf Soldier Magus 5 XP: 13,500
Faction: Misty Kingdom Renown: 3
Representing Jadon Thiessen
Maximum Hit Points: 33
Hit Dice: 5d8
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 16
|Initiative modifier:||+ 0||= + 0 [dexterity]|
|Attack (handheld / thrown):||+ 2||= + 3 [proficiency] -1 [strength]|
|Attack (missile / finesse):||+ 7||= + 3 [proficiency] +1 [dexterity]|
|Strength save:||-1||= -1 [strength]|
|Dexterity save:||+ 4|
|Constitution save:||+ 4||= + 3 [proficiency] + 1 [constitution]|
|Intelligence save:||+ 6||= + 3 [proficiency] + 3 [intelligence]|
|Wisdom save:||+ 1||= + 1 [wisdom]|
|Charisma save:||+0||= + 0 [charisma]|
|Insight (passive):||14||(19 with advantage)|
|Perception (passive):||14||(19 with advantage)|
Languages: Common, Elvish, Giant Proficiency: Land Mounts
Acid Splash [2d6 acid damage (range 60), one creature or two within 5ft of each other, DC 14 Dex save for no damage]
Ray of Frost [+6 to hit; 2d8 cold damage and target speed reduced by 10ft (range 60)]
Shocking Grasp [+6 to hit; advantage on roll vs. target in metal armor, 2d8 lightning damage and target can’t take reactions until the start of its next turn]
Unarmed strike [+2 to hit; 1-1 bludgeoning]
Rapier [+7 to hit; 1d8+4 piercing, 1 lb, finesse]
|Skill Name||Key Ability||Skill Modifier||Ability Modifier||Trained?||Misc. Modifier|
|Acrobatics||Dex||7 =||+4||+ 3|
|Animal Handling||Wis||1 =||+1|
|Arcana||Int||6 =||+3||+ 3|
|Athletics||Str||2 =||-1||+ 3|
|Insight||Wis||4 =||+1||+ 3|
|Perception||Wis||4 =||+1||+ 3|
|Sleight of Hand||Dex||4 =||+4|
First-level castings: 4/day
Second-level castings: 3/day
Third-level castings: 2/day
At magus level 4, you know 3 magus cantrips.
Mark your Magus Cantrip(s) here:
Ray of Frost
You have at least 9 magus spells in your spellbook.
You can prepare 7 magus spells daily.
Mark your First Level Magus spells here:
Mark your Second Level Magus spells here:
Mark your Third Level Magus spells here:
- You can exert influence and gain benefits from your military contacts.
- The DC to resist your spells is DC 14 (8 + proficiency bonus + your intelligence modifier).
- Spell Combat: Once per round, when you take the Attack action, you can cast any non-cantrip magus spell that you have prepared as a bonus action, either before or after the Attack. If the spell is a ranged attack that would suffer Disadvantage on the attack, you can make a DC 10 Constitution check as part of the bonus action to make the ranged attack normally.
- Arcane Pool: You have 5 points in your arcane pool. You regain all arcane pool points when you complete a long rest. You can expend points from your arcane pool as a bonus action to grant any nonmagical weapon you are holding a bonus to hit and damage rolls and transform the weapon into a magic weapon for a duration of Concentration, up to 1 minute. The bonus to hit and damage depends on the amount of arcane pool points spent, as follows.
|Bonus to Hit and Damage||Arcane Pool Point Cost|
- Spellstrike: Whenever you cast a magus spell or cantrip that requires a melee attack roll, you can deliver the spell through your bonded weapon instead. To do so, you take the Attack action with a melee weapon and simultaneously cast any magus spell you have prepared or magus cantrip you know as a bonus action. If you hit, the melee weapon attack deals its normal damage as well as the effects of the spell. If you roll a critical hit, the spell damage is doubled. Spellstrike can be used once per round.
- Armored Magus: Carrick is proficient with medium armor.
- Spell Recall: Carrick can transform arcane pool points into spell slots for the following costs:
Spell Slot Level Arcane Pool Point Cost 1st level 1 2nd level 3
- Pool Strike: You may expend 2 or 3 points from your arcane pool as a bonus action to charge one of your hands with mystic energy. Choose one of the following damage types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder. You may then make a melee spell attack with your charged hand to deal 2d10 damage of that type to the target you hit. You may expend further arcane pool points to increase the damage done, as set out in the following table:
|Pool Strike Damage||Arcane Pool Point Cost|
First Ability Score Improvement: +2 dexterity
Misty Kingdom Contacts:
Thaeriel Bitterleaf: Moon Elf Magus who roams the Sword Coast, overseeing agents of the Misty Kingdom and liasing with other allied organizations– Contact Bond Level 2.
Shaela Greenbow: Half-Moon Elf bard based out of Baldur’s Gate – Contact Bond Level 1